3Com Switch 4500 PWR, 50-Port Managed L3
48 x 10/100 PoE, 2 x Gigabit TX or SFP, Stack up to 8 units - Single IP
3Com Switch 4500 PWR, 50-Port PoE
Intelligent and Secure Voice-Ready Edge Connectivity
The 3Com® Switch 4500 family of managed, stackable/clusterable 10/100 Ethernet switches provides secure, flexible LAN connectivity and advanced voice-optimized features such as Power over Ethernet (PoE) and auto-voice VLAN and QoS.
The Switch 4500 family offers Layer 2 switching and dynamic Layer 3 routing, as well as robust security, Quality of Service (QoS) and management features to deliver intelligent edge connectivity for essential business applications. This makes the Switch 4500 ideal for medium businesses and small enterprises seeking to build a secure converged network.
This switch comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Also provided is Advance Hardware Replacement, with next business day shipment available in most regions.
Flexible and Scalable
The 3Com Switch 4500 PWR 50-Port has 48 10/100 Power over Ethernet ports and two dual-personality Gigabit ports. Each Gigabit port offers a choice of copper or fiber media: 1000BASE-T (via RJ45) or 1000BASE-X (via optional "SFP" Small Form-Factor Pluggable transceivers).
Stack this switch eight-high with other Switch 4500 devices and manage as a single IP addresss, or cluster as many as 32 mixed devices including Switch 5500G, 5500, 4500G, 4500, 4200G and 4210.
Dynamic Voice over IP
Unique auto-voice VLAN feature detects the presence of IP phones and dynamically assigns switch ports to the voice VLAN, enabling automated configuration and prioritization of VoIP traffic. This powerful feature helps ensure voice traffic quality, and minimizes the cost and complexity associated with adding or moving IP phones.
Enterprise-class security features include IEEE 802.1X network login, SSH/SSL encrypted device login, Access Control Lists and RADIUS Authenticated Device Access (RADA), protecting mission-critical business applications.
Power over Ethernet
The Switch 4500 PWR 50-Port delivers Power over Ethernet (PoE). PoE provides electrical power and data connectivity over a single Ethernet cable -- resulting in significant cost savings when deploying devices like IP phones, wireless access points and IP security cameras.
Features & Benefits
- Advanced access and distribution for medium businesses and small enterprises seeking to build a secure converged network
- Wirespeed non-blocking performance: aggregate switching capacity of up to 13.6 Gbps
- Layer 2 switching; dynamic Layer 3 routing increases performance and enhances network security
- Add switches to the stack/cluster when needed -- without increasing management difficulty and expense -- and manage all as a single entity
- Stack up to eight Switch 4500 units, or cluster 32 devices (Switch 4200G, 4210, 4500, 4500G, 5500 and 5500G)
- IEEE 802.1X network access control offers standards-based security combined with RADIUS authentication
- RADIUS Authenticated Device Access (RADA) provides authentication of attached devices via MAC address for an additional level of endpoint security
- Power over Ethernet delivers electrical power and data connectivity over a single Ethernet cable
- Automatic assignment of VoIP traffic to dedicated VLANs helps ensure that critical time-sensitive traffic gets the priority needed for quality communications
- Ports: 48 autonegotiating 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX ports configured as auto MDI/MDIX; 2 dual-personality Gigabit port pairs: user configurable for RJ45 (copper) or SFP-based (fiber) interfaces
- Performance: 13.6 Gbps switching capacity, with 10.1 Mpps forwarding rate (maximum)
- Stacking: Up to 8 switch units, 384 10/100 ports; Single IP address and management interfaces for stack-wide control
- Clustering: Up to 32 mixed devices including Switch 5500G, 5500, 4500G, 4500, 4200G and 4210
- Layer 2 switching: full-rate nonblocking on all ports, full-/half-duplex autonegotiation, flow control, multicast filtering, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN support, IEEE 802.1p traffic prioritization, IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol, IGMP snooping; more
- Layer 3 switching: hardware-based, dynamic routing; more
- Power over Ethernet: IEEE 802.3af PoE; power budget of 300 Watts dynamically allocated to PoE ports (internal power supply); up to 15.4 Watts of power to all PoE ports in a switch or stack (optional external DC power system)
- Security: IEEE 802.1X network login, local and RADIUS server authentication, automatic VLAN assignment via RADIUS server, Access Control Lists (ACLs); more
- 3Com management: 3Com Network Supervisor, 3Com Network Director, 3Com Enterprise Management Suite